People say we’re the best at putting you on the path to a fulfilling life.
Rockport Institute is widely acknowledged to be in a league of its own. Founded in 1981 around a revolutionary approach to personal assessment and discovery, Rockport has helped more than 14,000 people design the perfect career for themselves. We created many of the methods now adopted by leading-edge career counseling professionals and have continually improved and refined them to bring the art of finding a fulfilling career into the 21st century.
Here are some of the reasons why you can rely on Rockport to guide you toward your goal of choosing the right career for you:
- Our founder, Nicholas Lore, has been commended for excellence by two U.S. presidents. Governors, human resources experts, corporate leaders, analysts and hundreds of clients have written to commend us and thank us for our work.
- Our groundbreaking methodology has been featured in scores of leading publications. Including The New York times, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, Business Week, Marie Claire, Houston Chronicle, Denver Post, Chicago Sun-Times and Entrepreneur Magazine, Parade Magazine, to name a few.
- The Rockport process has been taught at Stanford and recommended by other major universities. We invented and named the counseling field of career coaching. Many career counseling professionals have come to Rockport to learn our highly effective approach.
- Our guidebook to career design was a top-10 national best seller, earning rave reviews year after year. The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success has instructed and inspired several hundred thousand thoughtful people on how to seek out the perfect career. More than a career book, it is an essential library on creating a life you love, bringing together a rich set of tools that people use to create wholly new, highly fulfilled lives. It is complemented by our handbook specifically for students and young adults, NOW WHAT? The Young Person’s Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career. Both are published by Simon & Schuster.
- We’ve coached more mid-career professionals through career change than any other organization. Our programs are so effective that more than 90% of clients who complete our Career Choice Program report that the program results they had wanted to achieve have been fully realized. You can read a few testimonials right here.
- We offer programs and services to people of all ages and situations. We have programs specifically for executives, professionals, entrepreneurs, mid-career changers, first-time career seekers, young adults and students. Our clients have one thing in common: a desire to make a career choice that will be highly satisfying and lead to maximum success.
- We’re famous for helping clients succeed when other methods have failed. Just read the testimonials to see how we turn skeptics into raving fans. We are pragmatic idealists with a personalized approach that helps you understand your natural talents and abilities, personality traits, values, goals, and the workplace environment you will thrive in, and how they combine into a practical and personally rewarding career. .
- In most surveys of career satisfaction, between 60 and 80 percent of people reported being unhappy or neutral about their careers. That’s one indicator of how rare it is to make a thoughtful and successful career decision on one’s own without expert guidance. Old fashioned career counseling and do-it-yourself methods are just not sufficient.
- We work with clients worldwide via telephone conference or in-person if you live near Washington, D.C. We invite you to contact us, without cost or obligation, to find out if our programs are right for you.
Call 301-340-6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Rockport Difference