FOR WHOM IS CAREER COACH TRAINING DESIGNED?
The training is mainly intended for people already in related professions: career coaches, counselors, psychologists, psychotherapists, human resources professionals and clergy, who want to be more effective in helping clients choose a career. We occasionally accept a person who is not already working in a related field.
WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
The training includes everything we believe is necessary and useful to develop your skills as an effective career coach. This includes basic training in our leading-edge methods and an on-going coaching/mentoring relationship with Nicholas Lore to continue to improve and solve specific problems with clients.
- You receive a complete training program with comprehensive exposure to our unique methods. Training starts with approximately 20 hours of video instruction with Nicholas Lore. This series of videotapes is yours to keep. Then enormous amount of information contained in this series of videos includes tips on career coaching and interpretation of career testing of innate abilities and talents. Most people need to watch them two or more times and take extensive notes. During the period you are going through this video series, usually two to three months, you will have telephone mentoring conferences with Nicholas Lore.
- Once the initial training phase is complete, you begin to use what you are learning with clients, while continuing with the telephone coaching process in what is essentially an apprenticeship/coaching/mentoring relationship with Mr. Lore. We believe this is by far the most effective method for you to reach mastery. The two of you will work together to deepen your skills and understanding. We also use a group of audios for more advanced training. In addition, our two books are the basic texts of the training process.
- With training completed, you become an independent associate of Rockport Institute, licensed to use Rockport technology and Rockport career testing materials.
- You have ongoing access to Rockport and to Rockport founder Nicholas Lore for ongoing coaching, mentoring , advice and problem-solving.
- You will have access to the results of Rockport Institute’s energetic and continuous research and development.
- Five complete packages of the Rockport Career Testing Program, including scoring and interpretation, are included in the cost of becoming an associate.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO GAIN?
Mastery in the leading edge of career coaching – a quantum leap over traditional career counseling – developed by Rockport founder Nicholas Lore some 30 years ago and still the state of the art.
Rockport’s Pathfinder career coaching programs represent decades of investigation and application in the fields of psychology, personal growth, learning, Eastern and Western philosophies, training and development, counseling, career counseling, Neurolinguistic programming, evolutionary psychology, human transformation, motivation, evolution, primatology, cultural and physical anthropology, brain-mind studies, computer technology, management, marketing, organizational development, personnel management, habit formation, human development, and more, to create methods, techniques and technology that are more effective than those used in traditional life/career/educational direction consulting. We train and coach Rockport Institute Associates toward mastery.
WHO WOULD BE MY PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS?
You are free to develop your practice in any direction that fits your individual goals. The spectrum of people and organizations that benefit is very broad and includes:
- Adult career changers seeking increased career satisfaction. A large percentage of highly intelligent adults are less than satisfied with their current career track. They have come to a point in life where they realize that life is short and success is a hollow victory without enthusiasm for work and a high level of day-to-day satisfaction, and they want to make a wise new choice. Some of them have used career books or counselors to assist them, yet are still not clear about their future direction. Some want to make more of a contribution to others or do something more personally meaningful.
- Adult career changers seeking increased success. Many potential clients realize that their choice of career has adversely affected their income-earning potential. This segment wants to shift in direction to correct a mistake. Like most of us, they made career decisions haphazardly during their college years or simply followed the path that opened most easily in front of them.
- Young adults choosing a career direction for the first time. This vast group of prospective clients grows every year as young people become more conscious that their parents and elder brothers and sisters are not excited about going to work in the morning, and that it is less possible these days to leave finding a lucrative and satisfying career to chance.
- Students. Parents are more concerned than ever about helping their children plan for the best possible future. They usually don’t know where to turn for effective assistance. They increasingly realize that the schools are little value: we at Rockport have yet to hear of a school career-services department that is masterful in helping students make informed career decisions.
- Organizations. Companies, non-profits, governments and small businesses are all undergoing major transformations. Increasingly, they recognize that profitability and/or productivity depend almost entirely on the quality and productivity of their employees. Organizations with a commitment to excellence realize that employees who work in jobs that closely fit their talents, challenge their creativity, offer a path for career growth and provide recognition based on merit are much more productive and loyal than employees whose jobs lack one or more of these assets.
IS YOUR CAREER TESTING A FORM OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING?
Not in the conventional sense. Even though Rockport testing has been rigorously developed and has been validated for over 30 years with many thousands of clients, our testing methods are still significantly different from other testing methods. We consider our testing to be an educational process: clients use the results as a “mirror” to look into their own lives and experience their innate abilities and talents. One of the first things we say to all clients is that they should not take anything we say, or the results of any tests or advice, as gospel. All of our work is intended to coach people to see things for themselves and to make their own choices based on their own experience.
ARE THERE ANY LIMITATIONS OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS?
Different states and municipalities may have business or professional licensing requirements that could apply to career coaching or testing. Individuals have different abilities with regard to starting or expanding a professional coaching practice. We at Rockport do not make decisions on whom to accept based on anything other than our best judgment of an applicant’s potential competence and integrity. You need to carefully consider these factors on your own. We are not offering some sort of business opportunity or franchise. This is a program for people who are already in a related field, although occasionally we will accept someone who is gifted and who is changing to the field of career coaching. Our job is to train people to do it well and to provide a testing process that helps clients make better choices.
We ask everyone we train to sign an agreement that defines our relationship and specifies limitations. If you get to the point of seriously considering this program, please ask for a copy and read it carefully.
WHAT ARE THE FEES FOR THE TRAINING PROGRAM?
The fee is $4880 USD, paid at the beginning of the program by check or credit card. (Coaches outside the U.S. pay for shipping materials.) This fee covers Mr. Lore’s time spent training and mentoring.
HOW DO I BEGIN?
If you have not already gone through the Rockport Career Testing program, we suggest that you do so now. It will give you a rich and deep sense of this part of our work. The Testing Program fee is $520 USD.
We also suggest that you get familiar with our books: The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success and our latest, NOW WHAT? The Young Person’s Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career. You should be able to find it in almost any bookstore or through Amazon.com.
Most career coach training we know about is well meaning but insufficient to teach you to guide clients through the process of designing their future careers successfully. Our training process is only for people who are familiar with Rockport methodology (usually as a result of reading our books) and believe it to be superior to other methods and tools.
If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
For more information: 301-340-6600 or email@example.com