Stop yearning for the perfect career – find it!
People in careers that fit them are happier, healthier and much more satisfied – not just with their jobs, but with their entire lives. Sadly, studies show that the majority of people feel negatively or at best neutral toward their current jobs – thus compromising one of the most important foundations of a great life. An ill-fitting career isn’t only stifling and oppressive. It’s hazardous to your health.
You can do more than just yearn for something better. Whether you’re an executive, professional, technical specialist, artist, or someone who never found their niche, you don’t have to settle for less than a career that fits everything important to you. You may already be successful financially but still not be fulfilled by your work. Conversely, you may feel the career you’ve chosen or fallen into has adversely affected your income-earning potential. Perhaps your deepest ambition is to make a positive difference in the world. Or you’re simply tired of jumping from one thing to another without ever feeling your work is more than just a job. A midlife career change may be just what you need.
There is a career out there that suits you perfectly. A career where you do work you care about in an environment that empowers you. Where the line between business and pleasure becomes blurred and you look forward to every workday.
- Rockport Institute is uniquely equipped to guide you to the best possible career change. We’ve done so for more than 14,000 clients. Rockport was the first organization to develop an effective career design process some 30 years ago, and we’ve been improving and refining ever since. Many of our clients tried traditional career counselors, testing methods and coaches, and found none of them to be of much help.
Rockport ushered in a sea change in the science of abilities assessment and the art of career coaching. Our innovative methods have been commended and imitated worldwide, with notable achievements like these:
- Our founder has been personally commended for excellence by two U.S. presidents.
- Our book, The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success, was a top-10 national bestseller widely acclaimed by consumers and career coaches alike. The New York City public library system named it as their all-time favorite career change book.
- Our methodology has been taught at such prestigious schools as Stanford University and is recommended by Yale University Graduate School of Management.
- The praise and endorsements you can read throughout this site represent just a fraction of the good words we have heard from our clients. More than 90 percent of clients who complete the Pathfinder Career Choice Program report having met their program goals.
This is for mid life career clients who want to design a specific, realistic career for themselves that’s a perfect fit for everything important: their talents, personality, goals and values. It begins with Pathfinder Career Testing, a unique methodology that reveals your natural talents and gifts: an important foundation of a fulfilling career.
Through a series of assignments and coaching conferences, you’ll design a specific career that will fit everything important to you. The goal of the program is to reach certainty about your future work – to reach the point where you can say, “I know exactly what I will be doing. It is a great fit and something I know I can make happen.” You’ll emerge from the program with real conviction about precisely the kind of work you care about and in which you can thrive.
Nicolas Lore, the prominent career design guru who founded Rockport 30 years ago, describes the Career Choice Program as “the most effective way I know to reach your goal of making that perfect choice. It costs about as much as the average vacation, and its results last a lifetime.”
Having a clear understanding of your unique profile of natural talents is the single most useful way to know what sort of work fits you best. This in-depth assessment program, which includes interpretation and counseling in a one-hour telephone conference with a Rockport staff person, will tell you more about your natural gifts and abilities – and how they can be applied – than you’ve ever known before.
That makes Pathfinder Career Testing the best choice for people who want to find the career that best fits their talents and personality, and are willing and able to work through the discovery and design process on their own. For those individuals, we strongly recommend combining the Career Testing Program with our national best-selling guidebook to career change, The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success.
The Career Testing Program is valuable, affordable and always eye-opening. It’s no substitute for the one-on-one discovery, problem solving, inspiration and coaching of the full Pathfinder Career Choice Program, but it’s far more revealing than any other test of its kind.