Step #1 Before you write your resume, ask one simple question:
Do I need a new job or a new career?
If most of these describe your present work, you are probably in the right career:
- Your work is a natural expression of your talents and personality.
- You look forward to going to work most of the time.
- You are proud of what you do and enjoy telling other people about it.
- You are highly respected at work because you are so good at what you do.
- You do not have to pretend to be someone else at work.
- Your own best and most natural forms of creative expression are what you are paid to do.
- Your job rewards your most important values and allows you to fulfill your goals, in
terms of personal growth and achievement goals, income, stability, etc.
- Your job directly fulfills your work-related goals. It does not create barriers to realizing
your other goals.
- A day on the job leaves you feeling energized, not burned out.
Are you about to write a resume for a job with too little personal reward?