Putting you on the path to a more fulfilling life
We’ve helped thousands of people, c-suite to beginner, make insightful, practical choices and career change for a more satisfying life.
Rockport Institute is widely acknowledged to be in a league of its own. Founded by Nicholas Lore in 1981 around a revolutionary approach to personal assessment and discovery, Rockport has helped more than 16,000 people make a career change or design the perfect career for themselves.
No one can give you a couple of career assessments, ask a few standard questions and then write you a prescription for your career. Until Rockport came along, that was the state of the art of career counseling. And in many cases it still is.
For 35 years, Rockport has been inventing and refining a far more comprehensive and personalized approach.
- We developed career decision-making programs and techniques that, unlike most career counseling, are very successful in coaching people through the morass of uncertainty to the best possible career decisions.
- Our programs combine in-depth testing of natural abilities, talents, aptitudes, etc. with a complete exploration of clients’ personalities, temperament, values, commitments, passions, spirituality, habits and life-style.
- We help clients discover what workplace environments are best for their individual makeup.
- Going through our career coaching process, clients get clear on everything that really matters to them.
- They are introduced to important factors that they never considered, but that play a large role in day-to-day career satisfaction and success.
- Ultimately, our clients put all the pieces together into a practical, doable career choice, a new direction that they designed themselves.
We’ve coached more mid-career professionals through career change than any other organization.
The Rockport process has been taught at Stanford and recommended by other major universities.
We offer programs and services to people of all ages and situations – from executives, professionals, entrepreneurs to mid-career changers to first-time career seekers, young adults and students.
Our guidebook to career design has been a top-10 national best seller, earning rave reviews year after year. The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success has instructed and inspired several hundred thousand thoughtful people on how to seek out the perfect career. More than a career book, it is an essential library on creating a life you love, bringing together a rich set of tools that people use to create wholly new, highly fulfilled lives.
It is complemented by our handbook specifically for students and young adults, NOW WHAT? The Young Person’s Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career. Both are published by Simon & Schuster.